As you can see from the photos above, the Seattle ASCE Younger Member Forum (YMF) gets involved in many activities from community service, to K-12 outreach, to professional development, to networking. See the YMF board page to see what other kinds of activities we do. Anything that you think would benefit for our group to participate in, feel free to let us know and we can make it happen. Our leadership team is enthusiastic and ready to go!
For this year, I hope to grow our group with new members and to organize events that gets everyone more active and interested in creating bonds that can last a lifetime, all the while reaching out into the community that we live in and affecting positive change.
If you want to be the catalyst for change at the local level, state level, or national level, ASCE can provide you with the tools to help you on your way. It just takes a 'Yes' to start. Join the YMF at a community service event. Join a technical committee in the Seattle Section. Join a society committee. We are in a profession that aims to better the world we live in. I ask that, in this new year, you choose to say 'Yes'!
Don Nguyen, PE
Seattle ASCE YMF
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Newsletter
- Call for 2018-2019 ASCE Seattle Local Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award Nominations
- Entry Form Due: March 15, 2019
- Call for 2018-2019 ASCE Seattle Officer Nominations
- Nominations Due: March 20, 2019
- Annual Scholarships Now Open for Civil Engineering Students
- Apply by April 20, 2019
- K-12 Outreach Event: Future City Volunteer Judging
- January 19 | Shoreline Community College
- ASCE YMF Eastside Networking
- January 22, 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Palomino, Bellevue
- ASCE YMF Tech Talk: Don Nugyen @ HDR: Bridge Engineering Register
- January 24, 6:00pm - 7:00pm | HDR, Bellevue
- ASCE YMF January Volunteer Event - Farestart
- January 24, 10:00am - 2:00pm | Farestart, Seattle
- ASCE YMF Westside Networking
- January 31, 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Stout, Seattle
- Tunnel to Viaduct 8K Run/Walk Register
- February 2, 11:00am | Seattle | Use code ASCE10 for 10% off!
- ASCE Volunteers Needed
- Urban Development & Transportation Committee, Legislative Committee, & YMF Popsicle Stick Bridge Volunteers Needed
©2015, American Society of Civil Engineers. All Rights Reserved.