Hello and welcome to the Seattle Younger Member Forum (YMF) page. As we prepare to embark on a new fiscal year I would first like to thank the 2015-2016 officers and chairs for their service. These leaders volunteered countless hours planning events and running our organization. Nothing we accomplished would have been possible were it not for all their hard work.
The Seattle YMF has been fortunate to win numerous awards over the years including Most Outstanding Younger Member Group in the country. The award is a reflection of the outstanding leadership we have benefited from and sets a precedent for this year. We are pleased to welcome a few new faces to our leadership in addition to our returning members who will be taking on new positions or continuing in their current roles.
There are several events in the works for this year including our annual Popsicle Stick Bridge Competition, YMF holiday party, winter ski trip and spring picnic. In addition to these annual events, we will be hosting professional development activities throughout the year such as technical tours and seminars. We encourage our members to give back through our monthly community service events and inspire the next generation of engineers through our K-12 outreach activities.
Our YMF will look to build upon our relationships with both the University of Washington and Seattle University student chapters with a goal of eventually transitioning the student members into active younger members. We plan on conducting another Q&A panel with both groups to share the experiences of our younger members who've recently made that transition. We'll also continue assisting with resume workshops and mock interviews to help further prepare the students as they begin their professional careers.
If you are interested in the YMF or just want to meet your fellow engineers, please join us at our monthly happy hours held in both Seattle and Bellevue. You can also reach out directly to myself or any of the other officers or chairs. Our contact information can be found on the YMF Officers page. You can find out about all upcoming YMF events by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on Facebook. I look forward to another successful year and hope to see you at one of our events.
Seattle YMF President
- Call for 2018-2019 ASCE Seattle Local Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award Nominations
- Entry Form Due: March 15, 2019
- Call for 2018-2019 ASCE Seattle Officer Nominations
- Nominations Due: March 20, 2019
- Annual Scholarships Now Open for Civil Engineering Students
- Apply by April 20, 2019
- K-12 Outreach Event: Future City Volunteer Judging
- January 19 | Shoreline Community College
- ASCE YMF Eastside Networking
- January 22, 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Palomino, Bellevue
- ASCE YMF Tech Talk: Don Nugyen @ HDR: Bridge Engineering Register
- January 24, 6:00pm - 7:00pm | HDR, Bellevue
- ASCE YMF January Volunteer Event - Farestart
- January 24, 10:00am - 2:00pm | Farestart, Seattle
- ASCE YMF Westside Networking
- January 31, 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Stout, Seattle
- Tunnel to Viaduct 8K Run/Walk Register
- February 2, 11:00am | Seattle | Use code ASCE10 for 10% off!
- ASCE Volunteers Needed
- Urban Development & Transportation Committee, Legislative Committee, & YMF Popsicle Stick Bridge Volunteers Needed
©2015, American Society of Civil Engineers. All Rights Reserved.