WATER RESOURCES COMMITTEE
The purpose of this Water Resources Committee is to create an active forum where members can educate themselves on elements of water resources infrastructure. This is achieved by providing opportunities to attend informational presentations to introduce water resource projects, issues, methods, and products. The Water Resources Committee also provides a venue for water resources professionals in the Seattle area to become acquainted, socialize, and exchange ideas.
Our monthly program includes technical presentations and site tours. The technical presentation meetings comprise a few minutes of business followed by an informational presentation. Site tours provide access to unique infrastructure facilities. Members are also notified of educational programs offered by industry. Sometimes, notice of volunteer events is provided to inform members of occasions offered to contribute to society and collaborate with the public and other professionals. At times, subcommittees are formed to review current water resources issues and to publish editorials or journal articles on behalf of ASCE.
The Water Resources Committee meets on the third Thursday of every month, except July and December, from noon to 1:00 PM. Meetings alternate between the HDR Engineering offices in Bellevue and the Brown and Caldwell offices in Seattle per the following schedule.
HDR Engineering – Jan, Mar, May, Sep, Nov
City Center Bellevue Building
500 108th Ave NE, Ste. 1200
Bellevue, WA 98004
Brown & Caldwell – Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct
Convention Place Building
701 Pike Street, Ste. 1200
Seattle, WA 98101-3931
Get More Involved!
We need your help to pull off our ambitious annual program. Your attendance, input, and participation are essential to keep this committee active, influential, and professionally relevant. For more information contact Deepa Mungasavalli or David Della.
May 31, 2013 - Annual Field Trip
- *Joint trip with Tacoma/Olympia Section
- Location: Tacoma Water Headworks
- Presenter: Tacoma Water Staff
May 16, 2013 - Brown Bag
- Location: HDR, Bellevue
- Topic: Ohop Creek Restoration Design
- Presenter: Chad Krofta, P.E., Cardno ENTRIX
April 17, 2013 - Meeting
- *Joint Meeting with Seattle Section
- Location: McCormick and Schmick's, Seattle
- Topic: Seattle's Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Program, Past, Present and Future.
- Presenter: Trish Ray, SPU
February 21, 2013 - Brown Bag
- Location: Brown and Caldwell, Seattle
- Topic: Technology Assessment Protocol - Ecology (TAP-E)
- Presenter: Sean Darcy
January 17, 2013 - Brown Bag
- Location: HDR, Bellevue
- Topic: Development of New Stormwater BMPs and Changes to Highway Runoff Manual.
- Presenter: Mark Maurer, WSDOT Highway Runoff Program