- ASCE Diversity National
- ASCE for Kids
- ASCE Pre-College Outreach
- Women in Engineering ProActive Network (WEPAN) Knowledge Center
- Women's Guide to Master's Degrees
- Funding Sources
- Diversity Inc Magazine
- Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprise
- Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
- Federal Wage Rate Website
- FMLA (12 weeks unpaid/job protected leave)
- FMLA (break time/location for nursing mothers)
- WA State Dept of Labor & Industries (All company sizes)
- WA State Dept of Labor & Industries (24 weeks unpaid/job protected leave)
"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day." - Unknown
The mission of the ASCE diversity committee is to enhance access to the profession for minorities; to empower existing members to become visible mentors and counteract historical imbalances in the workforce; and to demonstrate that diversity and inclusion contribute to a healthy, productive work environment.
The committee meets on the fourth Monday of every other month from noon to 1:00 PM. Meetings alternate between different locations in Seattle and the HNTB office in Bellevue.
The Diversity Committee provides a great venue for engineering professionals in the Seattle area to get to know each other, socialize, and actively promote diversity and inclusiveness within the Society and the profession.
- ASCE Seattle Water Resources Engineering (WRE) Lunch Meeting
- January 18, 12:00pm - 1:00pm | HDR, Bellevue
- Future City Competition - Volunteers Needed! Register Online
- January 20, 7:30am - 12:00pm | Green River Community College
- ASCE Seattle YMF Westside Happy Hour
- January 25, 5:30pm - 7:00pm | Outer Planet Craft Brewing, Seattle
- ASCE CYM Seminar Register Online
- February 6, 11:00am - 12:00pm | Online Webinar
- Popsicle Stick Bridge Competition - Volunteers Needed! Register Online
- February 10, 7:00am - 3:00pm | Museum of Flight
- PSEC Engineering Fair, K-12 Outreach Committee - Volunteers Needed!
- February 10, 10:00am - 4:00pm | Museum of Flight
- ASCE Lake Tahoe Retreat Register By 1/31
- March 1 - March 4 | Lake Tahoe, CA
- R.H. Thomson Scholarship Committee - Volunteers Needed
- ASCE Legislative Committee - Volunteers Needed
©2015, American Society of Civil Engineers. All Rights Reserved.