An ASCE Distinguished Member is a person who has attained acknowledged eminence in some branch of engineering or in its related arts and sciences. This is the highest honor given to members. There are now 577 individuals who have been elected to this distinguished grade of membership since 1853. Of the 192 living Distinguished Members, only three are from Washington.
In May 2008, Jon Magnusson was elected to be a Distinguished Member of ASCE. Jon Magnusson is the Chairman/CEO of Magnusson Klemencic Associates, a 140-person structural and civil engineering firm in Seattle that has completed work in 45 states and 36 countries. Jon received his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Washington and then his master’s in civil engineering from the University of California, Berkeley. He was named CEO in 1988 and Chairman of the Board in 1998.
Jon has been the principal structural engineer for over $1.5 billion worth of construction during the period 2003-8. He has been responsible for the structure of many Seattle landmarks including the Experience Music Project, KeyArena, Benaroya Hall, Safeco Field, Seahawks Stadium, and the Seattle Central Library.
- Local Awards
- View 2013 Award Winners
- View 2011 Award Winners
- Distinguished Members
- Life Members
- Region Awards
- Region 8 Award Descriptions (PDF)
- Engineer Nomination Form (PDF)
- Project Nomination Form (PDF)
- Society Awards
- Call for 2018-2019 ASCE Seattle Local Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award Nominations
- Entry Form Due: March 15, 2019
- Call for 2018-2019 ASCE Seattle Officer Nominations
- Nominations Due: March 20, 2019
- Annual Scholarships Now Open for Civil Engineering Students
- Apply by April 20, 2019
- K-12 Outreach Event: Future City Volunteer Judging
- January 19 | Shoreline Community College
- ASCE YMF Eastside Networking
- January 22, 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Palomino, Bellevue
- ASCE YMF Tech Talk: Don Nugyen @ HDR: Bridge Engineering Register
- January 24, 6:00pm - 7:00pm | HDR, Bellevue
- ASCE YMF January Volunteer Event - Farestart
- January 24, 10:00am - 2:00pm | Farestart, Seattle
- ASCE YMF Westside Networking
- January 31, 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Stout, Seattle
- Tunnel to Viaduct 8K Run/Walk Register
- February 2, 11:00am | Seattle | Use code ASCE10 for 10% off!
- ASCE Volunteers Needed
- Urban Development & Transportation Committee, Legislative Committee, & YMF Popsicle Stick Bridge Volunteers Needed
©2015, American Society of Civil Engineers. All Rights Reserved.