ASCE Seattle Jobs & Scholarships
Project Engineer - Blueline Posted 10/9/2018 NEW
Blueline is a civil engineering, land use planning, and landscape architecture firm located in downtown Kirkland. With a staff of over 45 people who work on commercial developments, multifamily projects, residential subdivisions, and Public Works projects, we've built our reputation on one simple principle: to always do what we say we're going to do.
Designs, directs, and coordinates activities of a design team on designated civil engineering projects. Ensures goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed parameters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong research and report writing skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with other employees, as well as clients and industry professionals.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in all his/her work.
- Ability to learn and retain new information quickly.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 4 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- Experience in the local AEC Industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Civil3d and the ability to learn new software.
- Working knowledge of hydrologic modeling software such as KCRTS, WWHM3, or WWHM2012; MGSFlood; and StormShed to analyze and size stormwater facilities and pipe systems.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as telephones, computers, fax, and copy machines.
Certificates and Licenses
Licensed Professional Engineer registered in the State of Washington is required.
Please go to www.thebluelinegroup.com/careers/ to view the full job description and to apply for this position.
Davido Consulting Group is a fast-growing energetic 55+ person civil and structural engineering consulting firm with four offices in Western Washington. We have multiple open positions for Civil Engineer Project Managers who will be responsible for managing multiple projects from start to finish including overseeing engineering and drafting staff and will be the point of contact for clients and sub-consultants.
These positions are conveniently based out of our Seattle and Federal Way offices. (Both offices are located within two blocks or less of the Northgate or Federal Way Transit Centers and future Light Rail Stations.)
Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Washington with 8+ years of civil engineering experience relating to stormwater design including Low Impact Development, sanitary sewer design, erosion and sedimentation control, right-of-way improvements, grading and site development. Experience with private development projects and/or municipalities in the City of Seattle and surrounding area is preferred.
We are also looking for:
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Business Development experience
- Advanced level of computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word and AutoCAD (and/or Design Review)
- Advanced skills in stormwater modeling experience preferred
- 401K matched up to 4% (DCG offers an employee stock ownership plan)
- Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance and generous Health Savings Account
- Long and Short Term Disability insurance
- Wellness Program
- Charitable Giving Program
- On-going career growth opportunities
- Fun, supportive and collegial work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Company paid lunch outings every Friday
Please send resumes, references, and examples of written materials (i.e., reports and letters.) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oversees and performs project management of major transportation and utilities projects including design, right-of-way acquisition and construction. Prepares and manages preparation of complex plans and specifications requiring the application of advanced engineering knowledge. Ensures projects are in conformance with AASHTO and City standards. Prepares and implements schedules. Monitors project budgets and ensures expenditures remain within budget guidelines.
1. Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
2. Two years of relevant professional Civil Engineering experience including project design and construction management.
3. Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer.
4. Must obtain registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in Washington State within one year of hire and maintain throughout employment.
5. Requires knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D or other digital terrain modeling software, CADD, GIS, GPS and Database Management.
City of Wenatchee Government
The City of Wenatchee is a full service City employing 160 employees. In addition to Public Works, other departments include Police, Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services, Community Development, Economic Development, Finance, Human Resources and Information Services. The City operates under a Strong Mayor form of government with seven council members. Active boards and commissions advise the City Council with governance.
The City of Wenatchee is home to 33,070 people with approximately 70,000 living in the greater Wenatchee urban area. Located in a beautiful valley at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers and on the east slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, the city enjoys wonderful abundant sunshine with four distinct seasons. The average rainfall is a mere 10 inches per year making the region a focal point of Washington State for outdoor recreation. Wenatchee is the largest city in rural North Central Washington and thus provides a small town atmosphere with big city amenities striking a great balance between rural and urban qualities of life. Furthermore, the city is only 30 minutes from the renowned resort towns of Leavenworth and Lake Chelan. For those desiring occasional amenities of major metropolitan areas, Seattle is a short scenic 3 hour drive or 30 minute flight away making Wenatchee very attractive to many people and families relocating from the Puget Sound area.
How to Apply
Please go to www.wenatcheewa.gov to view the full job description including qualification requirements and download application materials. The following constitutes a complete application package in the following order:
1. Letter of Interest
3. Application for Employment
4. Supplemental Application
Complete application packages may be emailed (HR@WenatcheeWa.Gov), faxed (509-888-3636), or mailed to: City of Wenatchee Human Resources Department, PO Box 519 Wenatchee, WA 98801-0519.
- Project Engineer - Blueline NEW
- Civil Engineer Project Manager - Davido Consulting Group
- Project Engineer - City of Wenatchee
Job ContactMadison Pearson - Communications Chair
Job Ad Request Form
- R. H. Thomson Scholarship
- 2018-2019 Scholarship Application and Information
- Richard Williamson Jones Scholarship
- - Application and Information
- Larry Wade Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Younger Member Forum Scholarship
- Women's Scholarships
- Resource Page
- Environmental Scholarships
- Other Scholarships
Scholarship ContactAaron Olson - Chair
- ASCE YMF Eastside Networking Event
- October 16, 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- ASCE Water Resources Lunch Presentation
- October 18, 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- ASCE YMF Westside Networking Event
- October 25, 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- ASCE Sustainability Committee Meeting
- October 25, 5:30pm
- ASCE YMF Volunteer Event - Bellevue Urban Garden RSVP by 10/12
- October 29, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- ASCE History & Heritage Special Event - University of Washington Former ASUW Shell House Celebration Read More
- November 11
- ASCE Legislative Committee - Volunteers Needed
©2015, American Society of Civil Engineers. All Rights Reserved.