The Seattle Section was founded on June 30, 1913 and has grown to nearly 2,500 members within King, Snohomish, Skagit, Island, Whatcom, San Juan, Kitsap, Clallam, and Jefferson Counties. The Section’s commitment to the advancement of civil engineers is demonstrated through its leadership, sense of community and dedication to the profession. From organizing professional development opportunities to recognizing the outstanding achievements of local civil engineers, the Section has a longstanding history of fostering the growth of civil engineers and celebrating their successes.
The Seattle Section is a proponent of key legislation to protect and advance the industry, and provides a unified voice for the area civil engineers. One of the most notable roles of the Section is promoting education through providing scholarship opportunities to aspiring civil engineers and hosting technical training programs for young professionals.
- UW ASCE Holiday Party
- December 4, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Continuing Education - Bridge Rehabilitation
- December 10 - 11
- ASCE YMF Holiday Party
- December 14, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Continuing Education - Design of Lateral Force-Resisting Systems
- January 21 - 22
- WRYMC 2016 - Anchorage, AK
- January 22 - 24
- Continuing Education - Streambank Stabilization for Restoration and Flood Control
- February 10 - 12
- Continuing Education - Water Hammer in Transmission and Distribution Systems
- March 10 - 11
©2015, American Society of Civil Engineers. All Rights Reserved.