The Seattle Section was founded on June 30, 1913 and has grown to nearly 2,500 members within King, Snohomish, Skagit, Island, Whatcom, San Juan, Kitsap, Clallam, and Jefferson Counties. The Section’s commitment to the advancement of civil engineers is demonstrated through its leadership, sense of community and dedication to the profession. From organizing professional development opportunities to recognizing the outstanding achievements of local civil engineers, the Section has a longstanding history of fostering the growth of civil engineers and celebrating their successes.
The Seattle Section is a proponent of key legislation to protect and advance the industry, and provides a unified voice for the area civil engineers. One of the most notable roles of the Section is promoting education through providing scholarship opportunities to aspiring civil engineers and hosting technical training programs for young professionals.
- ASCE Seattle Water Resources Engineering (WRE) Lunch Meeting
- January 18, 12:00pm - 1:00pm | HDR, Bellevue
- Future City Competition - Volunteers Needed! Register Online
- January 20, 7:30am - 12:00pm | Green River Community College
- ASCE Seattle YMF Westside Happy Hour
- January 25, 5:30pm - 7:00pm | Outer Planet Craft Brewing, Seattle
- ASCE CYM Seminar Register Online
- February 6, 11:00am - 12:00pm | Online Webinar
- Popsicle Stick Bridge Competition - Volunteers Needed! Register Online
- February 10, 7:00am - 3:00pm | Museum of Flight
- PSEC Engineering Fair, K-12 Outreach Committee - Volunteers Needed!
- February 10, 10:00am - 4:00pm | Museum of Flight
- ASCE Lake Tahoe Retreat Register By 1/31
- March 1 - March 4 | Lake Tahoe, CA
- R.H. Thomson Scholarship Committee - Volunteers Needed
- ASCE Legislative Committee - Volunteers Needed
©2015, American Society of Civil Engineers. All Rights Reserved.