The Seattle Section was founded on June 30, 1913 and has grown to nearly 2,500 members within King, Snohomish, Skagit, Island, Whatcom, San Juan, Kitsap, Clallam, and Jefferson Counties. The Section’s commitment to the advancement of civil engineers is demonstrated through its leadership, sense of community and dedication to the profession. From organizing professional development opportunities to recognizing the outstanding achievements of local civil engineers, the Section has a longstanding history of fostering the growth of civil engineers and celebrating their successes.
The Seattle Section is a proponent of key legislation to protect and advance the industry, and provides a unified voice for the area civil engineers. One of the most notable roles of the Section is promoting education through providing scholarship opportunities to aspiring civil engineers and hosting technical training programs for young professionals.
- Local Outstanding Engineering Achievement Awards (LOCEA) Nomination Deadline Apply Now
- Nominations due: March 23
- YMF Spring Co-Ed Volleyball Sign Up Sign Up
- April-June 2018
- YMF Eastside Happy Hour
- March 20, 5:30pm-7:00pm | Tavern Hall, Bellevue
- 2018 Scholarship for High School Students Apply Now
- Applications Due March 23
- YMF Westside Happy Hour
- March 29, 5:30pm-7:00pm | Rhein Haus, Seattle
- Concrete Technology Corporation Tour Register
- April 13, 2:00pm-4:00pm | 1123 Port of Tacoma Road, Tacoma, WA 98421
- Rebuilding Together Volunteer Event
- April 28
- ASCE Legislative Committee - Volunteers Needed
©2015, American Society of Civil Engineers. All Rights Reserved.