The Seattle Section meets monthly from September through June in the Seattle metropolitan area. Meetings are normally held on the second Wednesday of the month. In addition, the Kitsap and North Branches meet regularly, as do our technical committees. The Section and technical committees frequently sponsor workshops and continuing education opportunities throughout the year for the benefit of members and non-members.
ASCE Seattle Section
December Meeting (Joint Meeting with the Tacoma-Olympia Section)
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Role of Civil Engineers in Boeing
- Program: Steve Murphy will discuss the role of Civil Engineers at The Boeing Company. He will discuss his own career at Boeing, as well as document several of the projects at Boeing and the role that Civil Engineers play at Boeing and in the Aerospace Industry.
- Speaker: Steve Murphy graduated from the University of Washington with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering in 1986 and a Master of Science in Civil Engineering in 1987. He joined The Boeing Company in 1987 as a Structures Analyst in Boeing Aerospace and then moved to Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) a year later. Since then he has worked on all BCA airplanes including the 737, 747, 757, 767 and 777. For five years he managed the Knowledge Based Engineering Team. For the last twelve years he has been on first the Sonic Cruiser, which became the 7E7 and is now in production as the 787. He has held numerous positions on the program including the Engineering Process Leader, the CATIA V5 PLM Implementation Manager and the BCA Production System Environment owner. For the last three years he has been the engineering leader on the 787-9 for the Forward Body, the Aft Body and the Empennage. As part of his duties he led the team that brought the groundbreaking Hybrid Laminar Flow Control (HLFC) into production.
- Location: Embassy Suites Hotel, 15920 West Valley Hwy, Tukwila, WA 98188
- 5:30 Social Hour
- 6:30 Dinner
- 7:30 Program
- Cost: For reservations made before Monday, December 9th
- General Admission $40
- Student/Unemployed $15
- Add $5 for reservations made after Monday, December 9th
- Reservations: Register Online Here
Thank you to PRR for sponsoring Seattle Section's Centennial